Steven Hirsch, founder and co-ceo of Vivid Entertainment, will host six powerful adult movie directors for a Vivid Radio roundtable discussion of the future of adult entertainment. The CEO Roundtable program with co-host Paul Fishbein will air Friday April 18th at 1pm PT on Sirius XM Channel 102.
Hirsch and Fishbein will trace the modern evolution of adult entertainment and look into the future through the eyes of six of its most significant players:
* Paul (P.T.) Thomas is an AVN and XRCO hall of fame inductee and winner of countless awards for best-selling movies such as Debbie Does Dallas Again. A former actor in mainstream films, including Jesus Christ Superstar, Thomas has acted in over 500 and directed more than 300 adult films.
* Andrew Blake, also an AVN and XRCO hall of fame member, calls his films “erotic fashion.” His movies have been described as “lavishly produced and lovingly edited.”
* Ed Powers, owner of Ed Powers Productions, both directs and acts in adult films. He is best known for the “Dirty Debutantes” series, is a member of the XRCO Hall of Fame and has won numerous AVN awards.
* Joanna Angel, a Brooklyn-born former kosher food restaurant worker and topless dancer, is known as one of the creators of the “alt-porn” genre. She owns the Burning Angel website, has won numerous industry awards and in 2011 was named by CNBC as one of the 12 most popular stars in porn. She also hosts a program on Vivid Radio, Lewd, Screwed and Tattooed.
* Jules Jordan, winner of countless industry awards including best director by both AVN and XRCO, owns Jules Jordan Video. He is known for his zero tolerance position on video piracy of porn content and has launched numerous law suits that have resulted in multi-million dollar awards and settlements.
* Axel Braun, known as the “king of porn parodies,” is the son of legendary porn-pioneer Lasse Braun. Fluent in five languages, a member of MENSA, a film-school graduate, and the bearer of a Ph.D. in psychology, Braun has won dozens of awards for directing, producing, screenwriting, and editing, including four consecutive Director of the Year AVN awards.
“This may be one of the most remarkable Vivid Radio programs so far,” says Hirsch. “Paul and I will really get these people talking and people who are looking for what’s next in the adult industry will get some solid answers during this show.”