The controversial AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF), which, under the leadership of Michael Weinstein has become possibly the most litigious non-profit in history, posted this ad for a new full-time Staff Attorney on November 19.
Act now — one lucky candidate will get to help file 3rd-party OSHA complaints against adult producers, sue municipalities when Michael Weinstein doesn’t get his way, or prep witnesses to give disingenuous and misleading testimony!
Are YOU AHF’s next Staff Attorney?
|Company:||AIDS Healthcare Foundation|
|Job Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
Under general supervision, provides or assists in the provision of legal counsel to specified organizational units of AHF. Performs standard legal work and/or participates in the performance of complex legal work to include such areas as research, policy review, legal compliance issues, contract reviews, property sale/acquisition, and employment. Participates and/or assists in the conduct of litigation as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to legal issues as assigned, and counsels management in order to develop legal strategies and solutions.
- Drafts, reviews, and approves policies and procedures, regulations, bylaws, and other legal documents.
- Researches and analyzes laws and regulations; educates and trains employees about legal issues.
- Conducts and/or assists in the conduct of legal research and analysis; prepares written and verbal opinions of counsel as needed.
- Reviews, prepares, and approves contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, employment, research and related matters.
- Represents AHF management, as assigned, in administrative hearings; participates and/or assists in the representations of AHF and its officials in litigation, as appropriate.
- Negotiates settlements involving legal issues or transactions on behalf of AHF, in conjunction with more senior counsels and/or AHF management.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest developments in law and in other related areas.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies and solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements.
[…] Conducts and/or assists in …read more […]
[…] Under general supervision, provides or assists in the provision of legal …read more […]
Which leaves us to wonder why Bryan Chase left AHF in such a hurry. I suppose his successor will find out in due course.