Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said equality between men and women is “against nature” at a rights summit in Istanbul.
He sparked outrage with the speech made at a convention organised by women’s groups campaigning to eliminate gender discrimination in all its forms.
“You cannot make women and men equal; this is against nature,” Mr Erdo?an told the meeting full of women including his own daughter, Today’s Zaman reported.
“You cannot subject a pregnant woman to the same working conditions as a man.
“You cannot make a mother who has to breastfeed her child equal to a man. You cannot make women do everything men do like the communist regimes did…this is against her delicate nature.”
Related posts you may like:
- Russia Passes Law Banning Gay ‘Propaganda’
- Montreal Gazette: Prostitution is a legitimate form of work
- In modern Iran, porn and prostitution are rampant
- Quebec: Sex workers, allied communities aim to rebalance the Senate debate on prostitution laws
- So much misinformation in MacKay’s C-36 sex work hearings